Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Fall of the Ottoman Empire

Yes, that is the face of one sleepy Rex. I love his little sleep face. His lips, which are nice and full, get all loose and crazy. His cheeks get a little more pink. His little hand is poised for ideal twiddling should he begin to stir. But today, it is not the face that causes me to post. No, today it is the full body shot that you need to see.



I was in the kitchen one evening (about 4:30, which is evening here and fully dark) getting dinner ready. Rex was bored and asking to paint. I kept delaying his request because, well, who wants their two-and-a-half-year-old to paint right before Daddy comes home? Certainly not me. Anyway, it soon got disturbingly quiet. I thought perhaps Rex had gone upstairs to the office (his new obsession is playing with the computer). As I walked out of the kitchen to chase him down, I found he had fallen asleep. Like this:



He stayed asleep like this until Chris got home, so he could witness the moment. Look at his little toes helping to support his weight. Shortly after Chris got home he slid off the ottoman, which I did not photograph. He kind of woke up and went back to sleep on the couch. How tired do you have to be to fall asleep on an ottoman? Tired like a little boy who gets up at 6:00, plays all day, and refuses to take a nap.

4 comments:

Loni said...

That is so cute! I loved it. I hope you had a good thanksgiving. We'll see you next week in class.

Vincent Family said...

Those little toes :) Poor kid! Those weird sleeping moments are some of my favorite pictures.

Kierst said...

This is so cute! Poor little tired Rex. I'm glad you reminded me to check out your blog. I forgot to subscribe before so I forgot to check it. Now I'll keep up better!

Unknown said...

You gotta love those moments. He looks so cute.